This is my A2 media coursework blog. I will be creating a music video for the song 'Confessions' by 'We Are The Ocean'. The project also involves creating a digipak album and a magazine advert for the digipak.

I am working in a group with:

Monday 13 September 2010

Sub Genres Of Heavy Metal

Heavy Metal is a very broad genre of music and within it there is loads of scope for very different sounds and styles. I have done some research looking at the different sub genres and here's my findings...



  • Death    
  • Nu
  • Phantom
  • Black
  • Goth
  • Viking
  • Tech
  • Pirate?
  • Industrial
  • Thrash
  • Funk
  • Grime
  • Death core
  • Metal core
  • Grind core
  • experimental
  • Christian
  • Crust punk
  • Doom
  • Drone
  • Extreme
  • Folk
  • Glam
  • Groove
  • Neo-classical
  • Post-metal
  • Power 
  • Progressive 
  • Sludge 
  • Speed
  • Stoner
  • Symphonic
  • Traditional heavy metal
  • Underground
  • Melodic-death metal


No comments:

Post a Comment