This is my A2 media coursework blog. I will be creating a music video for the song 'Confessions' by 'We Are The Ocean'. The project also involves creating a digipak album and a magazine advert for the digipak.
I am working in a group with:
Mary Jenner - http://mary-jenner-musicvid.blogspot.com/ and
Chris Lawrence - http://chris-lawrence-musicvid.blogspot.com/
Tuesday, 13 July 2010
In preparation for creating our own music video, i'll be looking at the codes and conventions of many different music videos. I'll be updating the blog quite a bit as I keep looking at different examples of music videos...
In this post I will give just a few of my views, ideas and some feedback on the music video day....
What have we learn't from music video day?
- We need to thoroughly plan and prepare exactly what shots you want to be filmed before the day, and also sticking to the CALL SHEET.
- Organisation of times, people, props, locations etc.. is absolutely necessary for the filming to go smoothly and to plan.
What challenges did we see from creating the music video?
- lip syncing
- time to plan and work out what we wanted to shoot and actually shooting it
- the dance routines and imitating exactly what was on the original music video itself
- Directing and keeping control of all of the cast and crew
- Copying exactly what they do even if you don't have the right facilities and equipment (we especially experienced this problem in the gym with not having lots of benches for Britney to sit on and with camera shots and angles such as the crane shot.
Here it is, the final product:
Friday, 9 July 2010
I have chosen the song Hometown Glory - By Adele. However I have chosen the High Contrast remix of it because I like this version better and I think the original version of this song already has a music video to go with it. I also think that there is lots of scope within this song to create a music video to it.
The original version of this song is quite slow and reflective however this remix is more faster paced and therefore provides quite a few more options for creating the music video for it. My understanding of thew song is that its about her hometown and the area that she lives in however this version doesn’t actually include as many lyrics and is more about the different rhythms and sounds used within the song and how it builds up and down throughout creating the reflectiveness and mood that can change people’s mood just from listening to the song.
Adele [ Wiki - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adele_(singer) ]
Original Adele video [ youtube - ]
High Contrast [ Wiki - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Contrast ]
Drum and bass genre [ Wiki - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drum_and_bass ]